Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Do I Need a Hearing Aide?

Today, as a woman passed me in the ladies room, she said "Nice roots."

I quickly looked in the mirror to check my "roots" and found that I had my sunglasses on my head, so I wondered how she even saw my roots. I couldn't help but think how rude it was for her to tell me I had "roots."

I told myself she must have said something else. Who would say that? No, I heard it pretty well. She just passed by me and said "Nice roots."

I have to admit it was pretty odd, but I didn't think about it anymore until later that day when I got home and took off my coat and as I bent down to unzip my boots it dawned on me that she had given me a compliment "Nice boots."

I think I may need a hearing aide.

1 comment:

  1. I'd have thought the very same thing at first too. My mind (or my hearing) goes straight to the negative. When you find that better hearing aid please order one for me too. :)

    ReplyDelete