Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Dancing in the Sky

My anniversary is coming up next week and I sure am missing him. Things are different since he's been gone. I do hope he's dancing in the sky and singing in the angels choir.  He did love to dance and sing. If his favorite singer, Roy Orbison is there with him, I'm sure they're dancing and singing and having a great time.

March always seemed like a time of rejuvenation when the world was bright and beautiful. We spent our honeymoon in March on a cruise in the Carribean where the ocean water was turquoise, the sand was hot on our feet and the ocean breeze was warm and wonderful.  And when we lived back east we would vacation in March every year to a warm place in the desert, by the ocean, or in the mountains. We even bought our retirement home in March while we were on vacation. We went to the lake every year in March to look at the wild flowers. March was the best time of the year! 


Then he died in March, and it's just not the same.


I imagine the wildflowers still bloom in March, but I haven't seen them.  

I bet the ocean water in the Carribbean  is still turquoise, the sand is still hot, and the ocean breeze is still warm and wonderful, but I haven't seen that either.



Things are different since he's been gone....



4 comments:

  1. Dancing in the sky ~ yes oh yes. I picture my husband playing lead guitar and he always was looking forward to a huge 'jam session' in heaven. Heaven is going to be so wonderful, more wonderful than we can even imagine.

    It is hard for we who are left behind, and life certainly is not the same at all. I broke down and had a good cry the other night. Hadn't done that in awhile. Knowing he is with God our Great Creator and Savior, fills my heart with peace and joy. The missing him doesn't go away though.

    We just have to learn to live and be thankful for this next part of the journey that we are on. It's all part of God's wondrous plan.

    Love and hugs to you and I wish you a 'Happy Anniversary' ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be wonderful. When we all get to Heaven, what a day of rejoicing that will be!

      Blessings to you, FlowerLady!!

      Delete
  2. My husband is not dancing but play "air drums." He really rocked out to Steve Winwood, Poison, and Madonna but his all time favorite was Yanni's "Live at the Acropolis." So I hope he is having fun drumming in heaven.

    March is a bittersweet month as it brings Spring but it also brings the anniversary of his passing. I guess you could say he experienced the ultimate version of "spring forward."

    I love the song and Lizzy's singing.

    Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a good one, Michele, "spring forward!" ! We have to keep our sense of humor don't we?
    I don't think I have ever heard of anyone else besides me who liked Yanni's "Live at the Acropolis." I don't know what ever happened to my CD. My kids would never let me listen to it! LOL!

    ReplyDelete